Join Tropic Wings for a full day of epic adventure to the Daintree Rainforest and Cape Tribulation and fall in love with Tropical North Queensland’s most iconic locations. Your day will be filled with memorable experiences, local knowledge and Instagram worthy views, all while knowing that you will be offsetting your carbon emissions on this premium eco-accredited tour.
Starting with the scenic Great Barrier Reef Drive, recently voted as one of the most iconic road trips in Australia, you will make your way up to Port Douglas for your first stop at award winning Wildlife Habitat.
Get to know the local wildlife on an immersive guided experience with one of our knowledgeable Wildlife Keepers. You will get the chance to handfeed animals such as the elusive Cassowary which is notoriously hard to spot in the wild! Be a Wildlife Keeper for the morning with this money can’t buy experience that is exclusive to your tour. You can also purchase a photo experience with one of our koalas to remember the moment.
Cross the Daintree River on the cable ferry and travel north to the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest where you will enjoy a dip in the pristine waters of Mason’s freshwater swimming hole. Followed by a locally sourced lunch at Masons Café. The Mason family settled in Cape Tribulation in 1932 and is now run by third generation Lawrence Mason.
Explore the world’s oldest rainforest with one of our knowledgeable local guides. Learn about the fascinating flora and fauna that call the Daintree Rainforest home on a boardwalk tour curated to your group’s interests.
Visit Cape Tribulation Beach and see the only place in the world where two world heritage sites meet: the World Heritage listed Wet Tropics Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
After a big day of adventure, the perfect way to cool down and relax is with an exotic tasting experience at Daintree Ice Cream Company. Handmade on site with organically grown fruit it is easy to see why this ice cream has won multiple awards.
Head to Alexandra Lookout for a photo opportunity while you enjoy beautiful views of the Daintree Rainforest and the Coral Sea.
Board a Daintree River cruise and search for wildlife including wild Estuarine Crocodiles and birds in the unique mangrove ecosystem.
We partner with the best local operators to bring you an experience you will remember for a lifetime.
Tropic Wings is an eco-accredited business which means sustainability is extremely important to us and we work hard to further reduce carbon emissions and help our environment. Through Reforest, we will plant enough trees in a local reforestation project to remove all the carbon emissions from your tour. The project we have selected is restoring agricultural land on the Atherton Tableland, planting a combination of rainforest and native conifer species. Click here to see more of the ways we work towards sustainable travel.
- Scenic coastal views on the Great Barrier Reef Drive
- Through a partnership with Reforest, we will offset the carbon emissions
- Exclusive tour of Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas (includes 5 day re-entry)
- Cafe style morning tea
- Cable-driven ferry
- Scenic photo opportunity at Alexandra Lookout
- Local Lunch in tropical setting
- Take a dip at a Freshwater Swimming Hole
- Rainforest walk with knowledgeable local guide
- Free time at Cape Tribulation Beach
- Delicious ice-cream at Daintree Ice Cream Company
- Daintree River Cruise to spot crocodiles and other wildlife in their natural habitat
|Cape Tribulation, Daintree & Wildlife||$229||$149|
- Please contact us at least 24 hours prior to your travel date if your pick up location has not been confirmed at time of booking.
- Return transfers (pick up & drop off) included.
- Transfers from Cairns city are from centralized locations. To view available pick-up locations, please click here.
- Transfers not available from private residences (including AirBnB properties) – guests will need to make their own way to another pickup location.
- Children under the age of 4 are not permitted to travel. Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to travel unless accompanied by an adult.
- Moderate level of fitness is required for this tour.
- If you have any mobility impairments or may require further assistance on the day of the tour, please inform us in advance. Our friendly reservations team will be able to assist you.
Do we still run the tour if it is raining?
What do I need to bring?
- Your voucher (if you have one)
- Sunscreen & insect repellent
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Bottle of water
- Money for drinks and snacks
- Swimmers, towel, dry change of clothes & a light jumper in winter months