Skyrail & Kuranda Scenic Railway (STAR)
Travel to the funky rainforest village of Kuranda in style with our Skyrail and Kuranda Scenic Railway package! Fly over the rainforest canopy on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway. Explore the rainforest at Red Peak and Barron Falls stations and join a guided ranger tour. Experience the brand new “Edge” lookout, which offers uninterrupted views of the mighty Barron Falls through glass panels. Enjoy spare time in Kuranda Village. Browse for jewellery gifts and more at the Original and Rainforest Markets or taste a range of culinary treats at Kuranda’s many quirky cafes. Visit the world’s largest butterfly flight aviary at the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary or enjoy a relaxing walk along the Barron River. Experience the world’s most beautiful railway journey on the Kuranda Scenic Railway and journey past stunning rainforest waterfalls and past steep gorges. Stop at Barron Falls station and see the stunning Barron Falls.
- Coach transfers to & from accommodation
- Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
- Free time in Kuranda Village
- Kuranda Scenic Railway (3:30pm)
- Pick up 8:45am / drop off 5:00pm (approximately)
|Tour Code||Adult||Child||Family (2a + 2c)|
|Skyrail & Train (STAR)||$159||$80||$398|
- All Kuranda tours depart daily (except Christmas Day) and include Kuranda levy.
- Itineraries may operate in reverse or in a different sequence.
- Transfers not available from private residences (including AirBnB properties) – guests will need to meet at Skyrail Smithfield Terminal, or make their own way to another pickup location.
Ask our booking staff about one-way KSR Gold Class Upgrade ($55 per person) and/or a one-way Skyrail Diamond View Upgrade ($26 per adult, $13 per child).
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to call to confirm my booking?
It is preferred that we receive a call 24 hours before travel to confirm accommodation details and pick up time.
Do we still run the tour if it is raining?
<strong>What do I need to bring?
- Your voucher (if you have one)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Money for souvenirs, lunch and attractions (if not included)
- Bottle of water
- Hat & Sunscreen
Can I upgrade to Gold Class &/or Diamond View? Yes, subject to availability. On most of our Kuranda tours we can upgrade to Gold Class, the only Gold Class train that we are able to book on is the 15:30 train returning from Kuranda to Cairns. We can book Diamond View on either direction on Skyrail.