Everything’s coming up green in Cairns Ecotourism, with Tropic Wings recently being inducted into Ecotourism Australia’s hall of fame.
This ultimate green award was given to us for being eco-certified for twenty years. As one of only 26 businesses in Australia to be inducted into the hall of fame, we truly are one of the nation’s sustainable tourism innovators.
Since our beginnings in 1981, ecotourism and driving towards a more sustainable tourism practice have been at the core of our company. Over the years we have implemented a number of eco practices, including recycling, tree planting, solar panels and a biocycle waste treatment plant.
Earlier this year, we steered the way by introducing the first 100% electric bus in the Australian Tourism industry. The zero emission bus runs off 12 solar powered batteries and can last a whopping 300km per charge. Incredibly, it can cut carbon emissions by up to 30 tonnes each year.
Your Cairns Ecotourism Experience
Ready for the ultimate Cairns ecotourism experience? We’ve got you covered. Our tours to Cape Tribulation and Kuranda implement various environmental practices to have minimal impact on the environment.
Cape Tribulation & Daintree Tours
Our Cape Tribulation and Daintree eco tours are fully Eco Certified at the level of Nature Tourism. This level of certification ensures that we are leaving minimal impact on the environment.
Alongside this, we also have the following environmental commitments in practice:
- Travelling on a coach reduces emissions. A full coach releases around half of the amount of carbon dioxide as the equivalent in petrol cars.
- We park our coaches in shade, reducing the need for as much air conditioning.
- All engines are turned off when our coaches aren’t in use.
- We partner with Eco Certified products.
- We inform customers about the Wet Tropics World Heritage area, increasing awareness about this precious ecosystem.
Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Wildlife Tour
The best all-rounder, our Cape Tribulation, Daintree and Wildlife Tour, combines guaranteed wildlife sightings, rainforest and beach.
The tour includes:
- A scenic drive along one of Australia’s most beautiful scenic drives between Cairns and Port Douglas
- A visit to Wildlife Habitat Port Douglas, where you can get up close to a range of Australian animals in their recreated natural environments.
- Crossing the Daintree River on the iconic Cable Ferry.
- Explore the World Heritage Daintree Rainforest on a guided boardwalk tour.
- Visit Cape Tribulation Beach, where the rainforest meets the reef.
- See stunning rainforest views at Alexandra Lookout.
- Search for wild Estaurine Crocodiles and other wildlife on a Daintree river cruise.
Our Kuranda coach tours offer emission free travel! All travel between Cairns and Kuranda and Rainforestation and Kuranda Village is on our 100% electric bus. As well as being more environmentally friendly, the electric bus also means a more silent and relaxing trips.
See: the grass really is greener on the other side!
Grand Kuranda Tour
Our Grand Kuranda tour is packaged with a smorgasbord of Kuranda’s best activities an experiences.
The tour includes:
- Soaring above the rainforest canopy on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway.
- A visit to Rainforestation Nature Park. Meet Australian animals in the Koala & Wildlife Park. Experience Indigenous culture with the Pamagirri Aboriginal Experience. Explore the rainforest aboard an authentic World War 2 Army Duck. A BBQ buffet lunch.
- A visit to the Australian Butterfly Sanctuary, Australia’s largest butterfly flight aviary.
- Free time in Kuranda Village.
- Travelling past waterfalls, rainforest and more on Kuranda Scenic Railway.